1. There Are Cost SavingsWithout the need for physical connections or the management of a phone line, there are some definite cost savings when it comes to setting up your virtual phone number. You can use your virtual number on any device you like. You don’t have to worry about where the device is situated. This means that you can use your service from anywhere in the world for the same price. For many companies, this means that you can have your customers calling remote workers where the labor costs are either lower, or the premises running costs are less. You could also opt to use a toll-free number as an additional feature. This will pass on the savings to your customers all over the country. Often, prohibitive call charges can put customers off phoning. You may lose customers due to costs. With local numbers as standard, your customers won’t need to worry about the cost of their calls.
2. Enhance Your Business ProfileIf you run a small business, having a virtual phone number can enhance your business profile. Having phone numbers for different departments or functions even if they route through to the same place can make a business seem bigger than it may be. This helps build customer confidence and enhance the reputation of the business. First impressions count for a lot in business and often the only thing that your customers will see of your business is the phone number. You’ll get a number that will show up as a local number on your customer’s caller ID when you call out and be a cost-effective number for your customers to call.
3. Make Use of Advanced FeaturesOften, a virtual phone number will have a range of advanced features that you can take advantage of. These might include:
- The ability to send and receive texts
- A voicemail service
- The ability to record calls
- A transcription service
- International calls
- Auto Attendant